Why We Walk
Walk MS unites the MS community in the largest gathering of its kind to raise funds and make a difference for everyone living with MS. Our community has raised over $1 billion to fuel the National Multiple Sclerosis Society’s mission to cure MS while empowering people affected by MS to live their best lives.
While there are many ways to participate in Walk MS – from in-person events to designing your own event-day experience – all routes lead to a world free of MS. Join the movement to change the world for everybody affected by this disease.
Every Connection and Dollar Makes a Difference
No one has to face MS alone. The new Walk MS experience is an opportunity for people with MS to be surrounded by their friends, family, and loved ones – a meaningful expression of the support system that’s critical every day of their MS journey. Whether you walk, volunteer or donate, everyone has a place at Walk MS.
Join us and be a part of something powerful, a movement that’s going to change the world for people with MS because a cure is on the line.
- Invested more than $1.1 billion to advance MS research since 1946
- Paved the way for every effective MS treatment available today
- Provided early career support and funding to nearly every recognized MS researcher today
Empowering People Affected by MS to Solve Everyday Challenges
- Established nearly 400 partnerships with high-quality MS care centers
- Supported nearly 300,000 people since 2017 through the MS Navigator® program
- Amplified the voices of more than 41,000 MS activists to shape policy
Expanding the Reach of the MS Movement
- 8.48 million people have joined the MS movement
- Nearly 63% of people living with MS in the U.S. are connected to the Society
- 382,000 people take part in Society events
Because of You, We Keep Moving Forward.
Learn more about our progress and what we're doing right now to end MS forever. See Your Impact
“My MS Walk team is the best. Everybody loves coming out to Walk MS. They love supporting, they love understanding, they like seeing everybody else there.”
Fundraising made easier with our NEW DonorDrive App
We have a brand-new app this year! Download the NEW DonorDrive app to connect to Walk MS and access exclusive features that will level-up your fundraising. Quickly deposit checks, easily create and share QR codes, track your fundraising progress, ask for donations and more from the palm of your hand.