How It Works
How it works:
We’re not looking to make things complicated, so we’re keeping it pretty simple. Decide what distance you are interested in running or walking, gather your flock, and trot towards a world free of MS. We will provide recourses for fundraising and information on how to track your activity.
Whether you choose to run or walk, you ensure our incredible progress and momentum toward a cure continues with force, while we meet the urgent needs of our community during this unprecedented time. Through the Thanksgiving Day MS Run you are joining a community across the country committed to changing the world for everyone affected by multiple sclerosis, no matter what. Even in times of uncertainty, no one should have to face MS alone.
Track your physical activity and more!
The new DonorDrive app is a powerful tool that will help you fundraise for all Society events. You’re also going to want it to get the full experience for the Virtual Thanksgiving MS Run on event weekend! Download it today to let your passion shine by connecting with donors and easy-to-use fundraising tools from the palm of your hand.
How to Get Started
Install the New DonorDrive App
- If you have the previous National MS Society app, remove it from your device(s) - it will not work for 2024 events.
- Search “DonorDrive app” through the Google Play or Apple App stores or click the icons above and tap download.
- Open the app and tap “GET STARTED”.
- Search for “MS” at the top search bar.
- Select National Multiple Sclerosis Society (NMSS).
- Tap “LOG IN” and use the same email address and password you used when you registered for your event. You can also choose "FIND AN EVENT" to search and register for an event if you haven’t already registered.
- Select Virtual Thanksgiving Day MS Run (note: any 2024 event you have registered for will also appear on screen).
- Connect motion tracking whenever you’d like – especially if you’re training. Keep track of those miles!
Using the App Event Weekend!
- Welcome Message: Log into the app between Nov. 23–26 to receive a welcome message from the Society.
- Special Badge: Log into the app between Nov. 23 – 26 and record your 5k run (3.1 miles). Once your mileage has been captured, you’ll receive a special badge for completing the event!
Explore App Features
There are in-app only features that will make your fundraising feel like a breeze.
- Take a quick snap to instantly deposit checks (coming soon!).
- Create your own QR codes — you know, those fun bar codes you take pictures of that link to additional info — to easily share your fundraising page with others.
- Automatically track your activity.
- Enjoy all the features of your Fundraising Center on the go, like access to your fundraising progress, sharing your page link, messaging your donors and more.
Running a virtual event has never been easier and with this new app we have features that are specifically made for this type of run to make you feel more connected!
Share Your Trot!
While you’re trotting, or after you finish, grab some images to use on social to spread the word! (More on those in our toolkit section.)
Raise $100+ to receive an official Society-branded beanie! All participants will receive a shirt and medal.