Annually, 85% of City to Shore participants ride with a team. Team Captains play an essential role in the ride's success each year, and we are here to support and recognize you!
As a Team Captain, you'll receive one-on-one help from your team’s designated Bike MS staff to: answer questions, meet with you and team leaders, provide guidance, visit your company for a Q&A session or sign up, and much more!
Visit the Bike MS Teams page for additional team captain resources and information.
Request 2023 City to Shore promotional materials, such brochures and posters, to help with team member recruitment.
Plus, keep reading for more information on City to Shore specific team perks and benefits.
Virtual Team Captain Meetings help keep you connected and apprised throughout the season. Receive important ride updates and build excitement with your fellow captains for Bike MS: City to Shore 2023!
- Team Captain Meet Up 1: March 1
- Team Captain Meet up 2: September 12
Visit the Pre Ride Activities section of the Ride Details page for call details, topics, and more information.
Rider Number Packet Pick Up
Participants are encouraged to reach their $300 fundraising minimums by August 27 to ensure their rider number packet is mailed to them, saving them and your team time ride morning! Click here to learn more.
Team number pick-up sessions will also be available in early September for teams with 15 or more members. Coordinate with your assigned Bike MS staff BEFORE August 27 to schedule your Team pick up session.
Team Housing (and Parties)
Staying over? Team housing offers a great opportunity and centralized location to celebrate your team’s collective success, come together and share experiences from the day. It also helps build camaraderie between your team members (and it's fun!). It's also a great way to advertise your team/company.
- Many local restaurants will offer catering and delivery right to your team housing location.
- Ask your team members if they know anyone with an available house for the weekend, or reach out to a local Ocean City realtor.
Team Parties: Many restaurants will host a private party ride weekend! This is a great opportunity to throw a memorable post-ride celebration for your team and supporters in one of Ocean City’s many great restaurants.
Team photos are available at both the 75 & 100 Mile PATCO start and Ocean City finish line. Visit the Start Locations page for more details.
Primal Wear Team Jersey Contest
Show off your incredible, original jersey designs for City to Shore 2023! Enter our Primal Wear Jersey Contest, sponsored by Primal Wear, to showcase your design on Primal Wear's web page & at the City to Shore finish line, and compete against other teams to win amazing prizes! Details and dates coming soon!
Create a meeting point for your team members, hand out rider numbers and/or team jerseys and more!
Who: Teams who have 25 or more members by August 25 have the opportunity to rent a tent at the PATCO start for $170.
- *UPDATED 7.28.23* Reservation Deadline is August 25. No orders will be accepted after this date.
- Payment Deadline is September 15.
What: You'll receive one 10x10 tent, one banner printed with your team's name, one table and two chairs at the PATCO start.
- Complete Reservation Form by August 25
- If your team wishes to offer rider number pick up at your team tent, your team must provide a minimum of two volunteers by September 15. Rider numbers & supplies will only be given to team tents with volunteers that have completed the following:
- Register as a Team Tent Volunteer **coming soon**
- Complete and submit background check (sent to volunteers once registration is complete)
- Attended one of the following mandatory teleconference trainings. (Call information and details will be emailed to registered & approved volunteers 3 days prior)
- Tuesday, September 26 at 6:30 PM
- Tuesday, September 26 at 7:30 PM
- Submit payment of $170 by September 15 by contacting your Bike MS staff to confirm your payment preference. Payment can be made as an online donation to your team, which will be moved by staff on the backend (NOTE: This will not count towards fundraising). If you prefer to pay over the phone or by check, you will need to contact your Bike MS staff contact.
Where: Team tent location will be posted the week of the ride.
Questions? Contact your assigned Bike MS staff.
With so many amazing teams, how can we not recognize them throughout the season!? Team recognition comes in many forms, such as:
- Special team incentives during each fundraising week throughout the season.
- Special fundraising and recruitment recognition throughout the season
- Team Awards: Team Achievement Awards and Top Team Award Winners are announced at the Awards Dinner each January. Captains honored with an award will receive an emailed invitation to the Awards Dinner in late October or November. Encourage your team members to aim high and win one of the coveted team awards.
2022 Team Award Winners
Congratulations to our 2022 Team Award winners!
Click here to see which Individuals took home an award in 2022, including the Chairman’s Cup.
Click here to view photos from the 2022 Awards Ceremony
Congratulations to our top fundraising teams for City to Shore 2022! The teams listed below went above and beyond in their fundraising efforts to support our Society’s mission. Teams were recognized for their achievements at the City to Shore Awards Ceremony in January.
Thank you again to all our teams for their hard work and determination in 2022.
Top Team Awards
Chairman’s Cup - Visit the Top Fundraiser page for more details.
Legacy Award - Visit the Top Fundraiser page for more details.
Top Fundraising Team
Screens ‘N’ Spokes
Captain: Ian Harris
Largest Corporate Team
Captain: Dan Wilson
Largest Friends & Family Team and Most Improved Team (Fundraising)
Captain: Larry Oxman
Most Improved Team (Recruitment) – Returning teams exhibiting the most growth in fundraising and recruitment.
Captain: Colleen McEntee
Most Team Spirit - Given to the team or individual that exemplifies “spirit” before and during the ride.
MS Tsunami Riders
Captain: Leon Singletary
Outstanding First Year Team - Team that exhibits outstanding recruitment and fundraising efforts in their first year with the event.
Captain: James Siegler
Rising Stars Award – Awarded to up-and-coming teams or individuals who show immense success and a promising future.
Allan Myers, Team Captain Carol Detweiler
Freedom Mortgage, Team Captain Paul Thorson
Justin Yuhaze, Muggles on a Mission
Doug Owens, Microsoft
Team Safety Awareness - Teams with at least 60% of members completing the Safety Quiz and attending the virtual Safety Clinic in September
Captain: Larry Oxman
The Good Neighbears
Captain: Cheryl Oleykowski
Primal’s Best Team Jersey
Captain: Tim Keaveney
Team Achievement Awards
Millennium Circle Teams: $100,000+
- SCREENS ‘N’ SPOKES $275,386
- Team UPHS/Penn $143,791
- Team Ox $133,049
- MOR Wealth Management $103,904
Tour of Champions: $75,000 - $99,999
- Jersey’s Team $83,770
Mission Possible Teams: $50,000 - $74,999
- Team Tonarock $61,075
- Team Comcast – City to Shore $59,013
- Roxborough Riders $50,050
Diamond Teams: $20,000 - $49,999
Platinum Teams: $10,000 - $19,999
Gold Level Teams: $5,000 - $9,999
Show off your incredible jersey designs for City to Shore 2023! Enter your jersey into the 2023 Primal Wear Jersey Contest, sponsored by Primal Wear, to showcase your design on Primal Wear's web page & at the City to Shore finish line, and compete against other teams to win amazing prizes!
How to Enter
- Complete this form to submit your original jersey vendor artwork by August 20.
- Note: Your jersey does NOT have to have been ordered through Primal Wear to participate in this contest. However, you are invited to utilize Primal Wear as your jersey vendor to receive 20% off with the code BMS13HG1 at checkout and receive 15% back towards your fundraising effort!
- Plus, get some extra attention by having your jersey displayed at the Team Jersey Contest tent at the Ocean City Finish Line. Contact your Bike MS staff to coordinate a pick up/drop off of your physical jersey before ride weekend.
How to Win:
The top three teams that receive the most votes online August 27 through September 30 will win a prize.
- Jerseys will not be displayed on Primal Wear’ s webpage until voting opens
Rally your team members and network to vote August 27 through September 30! Jerseys and voting opportunities will also be displayed at the Ocean City finish line Saturday, September 30.
- Link to vote will be posted August 27
Winners will be announced at our City to Shore Awards Ceremony in 2024
What to Win: In addition to bragging rights, the top 3 jerseys will win prizes starting at a $250 custom Primal Wear jersey credit valid to be redeemed in 2023!