Date & Location
September 9 - 10, 2023
(Routes) 1255 Battery St, San Francisco, CA 94111
Day 1 - 102 & 75 mile
(Routes) SOMO Village- 1400 Valley House Dr, Rohnert Park 94928
Day 1 - 44 & 23 miles
Day 2 Routes
7:00 AM start time
Routes from Day 1: 102, 75, 44 & 23 miles. Day 2: 57 & 40 miles. See Routes & Maps below for more details.
Fundraising Minimum: $350
Age Minimum: 12
Saturday, September 9
Levi’s Plaza – 102 & 75 mi. start line
Parking & drop off: 1426 Sansome St, SF, CA 94111 Start Line: 1160 Battery St, SF, CA 94111
5:30 a.m. – 7 a.m. Registration, luggage drop-off, mechanics, coffee + light breakfast provided by Starbucks
6:00 a.m. SOMO Village shuttle arrives
7:00 a.m. Waymo lead car kicks off Waves to Wine 2023!
7:25 a.m. All cyclists must be on the route
Saturday, September 9
SOMO VILLAGE – 44 & 23 mi. start line | 102, 75, 44, & 23 mi. finish line
1100 Valley House Dr, Rohnert Park 94928
5 a.m. Shuttle to Levi’s Plaza for SF start line (buses will leave on time so don’t be late!)
7:30 – 8:45 a.m. Registration, mechanics, coffee + light breakfast
8 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. Ride out
9:00 a.m. All cyclists must be on the route
7:30 a.m. – 8 p.m. Bike Corral hours
11 a.m. – 8 p.m. Shower trucks open
11 a.m. – 5 p.m. Visit Sponsor Row!
Noon – 7 p.m. Food, entertainment, beer, and wine
Noon- 5 p.m. Massage Tent Open
1 p.m. – 6 p.m. VIP Area Open
3 p.m. – 5 p.m. Team photos
4 p.m. - 8 p.m. Shuttle service to hotels (running approx. every half hour or when full)
5 p.m. All routes close, riders must be off the course
5 p.m. Evening program & jersey contest!
5:30 p.m. IRWMS photo
6 p.m. Shuttle from SOMO to Levi’s Plaza
5:30 p.m. – 8 p.m. Video Games, sponsored by Stellar XP
8 p.m. Showers close
9p.m. QUIET HOURS & lights out for campers
Sunday, September 10
SOMO VILLAGE – 57 & 40 mi. start and finish
100 Valley House Dr, Rohnert Park 94928
5:30 – 7:30 a.m. Every hour hotel shuttle to SOMO
6 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. Mechanics, coffee + light breakfast
7 a.m. Registration opens
7:30 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. Ride out
8:30 a.m. – All Riders must be on the route
11 a.m. – 4 p.m. Food, beer, and wine
1 p.m. | 2:30 p.m. | 3:30p.m. | 4:45 p.m
shuttles depart for SF
4 p.m. Route closes
4:30 p.m. Showers close
5 p.m. That’s all folks!!
Exciting News! The SF Start returns to Levi’s Plaza for the 2nd year in a row! For long routes on Day 1 we will be starting at Levi's Plaza- 1160 Battery St, San Francisco. Thanks to Levi's Plaza for sponsoring our start line this year!
Our Start for Short Routes on Day 1, and overnight tent village will continue to be SOMO Village- 1400 Valley House Dr, Rohnert Park
Thanks for coming in as a Gold Sponsor SOMO Village!
2023 Routes are here! (with potential changes due to pending construction)
Day 1 (Long Routes Starting in SF)
- 102 Miles
- 72 Miles
Day 1 (Short Routes Starting in Rohnert Park)
- 44 Miles
- 23 Miles
Day 2 ( Start & Finish in Rohnert Park)
- 40 Miles
- 57 Miles
Find full maps and elevation information here.
Point B Sponsor
Bike MS Fundraising Week is proudly sponsored by Point B, an organization who shares our commitment to creating a world free of MS. Elevate your fundraising and win prizes along the way.
Team Recruitment Challenge
Monday, June 19 through Sunday, June 25
Get ready to Recruit, Recruit, Recruit!!
The team who recruits & registers the most members from June 19 – 25 wins your choice of:
- Pre-Event Team Party (think Pizza party vibes!) – Food provided by Bike MS
- Saturday Morning Team Roll Out Prime Time and Song!
- Bike MS Swag for your team members (ie. branded socks, etc.)
TWO Teams will Win!
- Group 1: Teams who had 10 or more members from 2022
- Group 2: NEW Teams and Teams who had less than 10 members from 2022
Get ready for some engaging competitions and exciting prizes!
- Fundraising Week #1: July 3-9, 2023
- Fundraising Week #2: July 31-August 6, 2023
Fundraising Weeks run Monday through Sunday at midnight. Each fundraising week will have winners in the following categories*:
- Team with 4-14 members
- Team with 15+ members
- Individual rider (team member or non-team member)
*based on the highest amount of online fundraising (total dollars raised) this week
As a reward for your amazing fundraising, we will award the following prizes for Fundraising Weeks:
- Team winners: Your choice of Team Tent, Team Tent Decorated, and filled with Snacks & Drinks or Pick your Saturday Morning Team Roll Out Time and Song.
- Individual winner: Your choice of: Access to the VIP area with premium snacks, drinks and more! Article of Bike MS branded gear.
Huckleberry Bicycles Training Rides
A big thank you to our shop partner, Huckleberry Bicycles, who will be hosting 3 training rides leading up to Bike MS Waves to Wine! These will be on Saturdays: June 17th, July 15th, and August 5th. Anyone is welcome to come and ride with us. Details about the rides can be found below:
Saturday, August 5th - Huckleberry Hosted Training Ride
LOCATION: Levi’s Plaza - 1255 Battery St Suite 120, San Francisco, CA 94111
TIME: Meet up 8:30am, ride out at 9am
ROUTE: 45 mile "Full Paradise Loop" - Strava Link
All are invited! Invite your teammates, friends and family, even if they are not signed up for Waves to Wine.
Ride Logistics Meeting - All Riders Welcome!
Date: August 15, 2023
Time: 12pm PST
Location: Virtual Meeting - Microsoft Teams, see details below.
We will be hosting a meeting to discuss all ride logistics in the final month leading up to Waves to Wine. We will go over the weekends events, what to expect, what to bring and much more! Hope to see you there!!
Microsoft Teams meeting Link:
Click here to join the meeting
Meeting ID: 273 855 370 899
Or call in (audio only)
Phone Conference ID: 865 151 552#
Bike MS Waves to Wine: 2022 Celebration & 2023 Kickoff
Wednesday, February 1
5pm to 7:30pm
Standard Deviant Brewing
280 14th St, San Francisco, CA 94103
An evening to thank our participants, sponsors, and volunteers for their efforts in 2022 & to kick-off Waves to Wine 2023! All previous riders in attendance get a free registration code & all new riders get 50% off!
- Drinks provided by Standard Deviant Brewing
- Food provided by Alfredo’s Gourmet Tacos
- Jan. 18 - Team name registration opens for Captains
- Feb. 1 - Rider registration opens
Your Bike MS packet contains important items including your rider bib, event details and sponsor giveaways. In order to pick up your packet, you must meet the $350 fundraising minimum and have a completed waiver on file. If you registered online, you've already completed a waiver during the registration process. Please note: Riders under 18 will need a waiver signed by a parent or guardian.
San Francisco Levi’s Plaza - Pre-Event Packet Pick Up
1255 Battery St, San Francisco, CA 94111
Dates & Times:
- Wednesday, September 6th: 4 - 7PM
- Friday, September 8th: 2pm - 7PM (bike drop off available)
Who can pick up a packet?
Rider Bib Designations:
- 150 Club: BLUE Custom Bibs with Name, Rank and 2022 Fundraising Total
- Passport: GREEN Bibs
- Club K: YELLOW Bibs
- Minors (Under 18): RED Bibs
- General: WHITE Bibs
ALL 150 Club Members' Packets will be mailed to them as a perk of being a part of our Top Fundraising Club!! These packets are being mailed the week of 8/21/23.
Room blocks are now available for a limited time at the following properties. Complementary shuttles will run Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning to these properties only.
- Motel 6 – Call 707-877-9740 for rooms starting at $130
- Hampton Inn – Book online here for rooms starting at $239
- Best Western – Please call 707-584-7435 using Group ID Code BOOK23 by September 5 for rooms starting at $199
- Oxford Suites – Book online here or call 707-584-0333 and ask for the National MS Society Group Block by August 19 for rooms starting at $200
- Saturday 4-8PM every half an hour
- Sunday 5:30-7:30AM Every Hour
Camping is FREE on the lawn of SOMO Village. No need to make a reservation, just bring your gear and set up your spot. Campers will have access to showers and restrooms on the event site.
RVs are welcome at our SOMO Village Parking Lot. All spots are first come first serve. Please note – there are no hookups or amenities for RV camping.
If you need a ride back to San Francisco after the event, we’ve got you covered. There will be shuttles from SOMO Village Event Center in Rohnert Park to Levi's Plaza in San Francisco. Luggage and bike transport is included. Shuttles will be offered at the following times:
ALL SHUTTLES — SOMO Village, Rohnert Park to Levi's Plaza & Parking Lot, San Francisco
Saturday 5:00 AM
Saturday 6:30 PM
Sunday 1:00PM, 2:30PM, and 3:30PM Shuttle Ticket (LAST SHUTTLE leaves at 3:30)
Use the button below to purchase your ticket and/or the ticket for other participants for $50 each. Please purchase tickets ahead of time. Availability of seats on shuttles cannot be guaranteed unless you buy a ticket. Ticket purchasing closes on Friday, September 8th at 5PM. No need to print a ticket, we will check attendance by registered name so please provide us with all rider’s individual names. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
FREE secure parking at both start lines throughout the weekend.
Levi's Plaza Garage - 1426 Sansome St, San Francisco, CA 94111
Please note that OVER HEAD BIKE RACKS WILL NOT FIT in garage. Bikes will need to be unloaded in the drop off zone, put in the bike corral, and then you can park your car, and return to the bike corral and start line. See diagram below. Luggage trucks will be available before reaching the parking garage to drop your luggage to be transported to SOMO village.
Food at the Saturday start line will be limited. Water, sports drinks, breakfast bars and bananas will be available. Please arrive with a full stomach, full water bottles and be ready to get on the road!
- Rest Stops: At the rest stops, enjoy individually packaged sweet and salty snacks such as Goldfish, energy bars or gel, fruit and more. Cyclists must bring their own water bottles.
- Saturday Breakfast: Toast and cereal, gluten-free English muffins, and fruit will be provided.
- Saturday Lunch: Lunch will be provided for all cyclists. More information to come.
- Saturday Dinner: At the Saturday finish line, your wristband provides access to pasta with chicken or gluten-free pasta with no meat, vegetables, dairy-free dessert. There is no charge for dinner, and your friends and family members can attend for free as well.
- Sunday Dinner: At the Sunday finish line, enjoy a pasta dinner with vegetarian and gluten-free options available.
Rest Stops: First Class Support
Rest stops every 10-12 miles featuring:
- Themes with fun festivities and smiling faces
- Drinks, snacks and lunch at the X stop
- First aid stations
- Mechanical support from local bike shops
Only authorized Bike MS vehicles and cyclists are permitted access to the rest stops ride weekend. All other vehicular traffic is prohibited.
Are you interested in helping your fellow cyclists on the ride and becoming one of our Ride Safety Marshalls? Submit your info in this form and we will reach out to you with more information.
Looking to participate in Bike MS but need a Bike Rental? You’re in luck!! We have partnered with Unlimited Biking to make your dreams of riding in Bike MS a reality!!
Unlimited Biking is the largest bike rentals, tours and experiences operator in the United States. Their vision is to provide riders with an unforgettable experience by suppling everything you need to be able to successfully participate in Bike MS!
RENT YOUR BIKE TODAY: Visit the Waves to Wine bike rental page on Unlimited Biking’s website to get your bike today!
You have the option of renting for Saturday, Sunday or both days. Each rental comes with a helmet. Helmets are required to participate in Bike MS.
Team Captains: use this as an opportunity to recruit a potential team member, who would like to join you at the ride but doesn’t have a bike!