Accept the Challenge for a World Free of MS
3 days, 50 miles, tired feet, laughter and unforgettable memories: how far will you go to end MS?
Challenge Walk MS is an endurance walking experience that dares us to go beyond our limits for one mission. Since 2001, this determined community – from volunteers to walkers – have moved us forward by raising over $85.5 million to stop MS in its tracks, restore what's been lost, and end MS forever.
Here are just a few of the things we achieved this last year:
- The Pathways to MS Cures roadmap – featuring the most promising areas of research to cure MS – was published in the Multiple Sclerosis Journal.
- Supported 35 bills that became law to advocate for the MS community
- 8.2 million people engaged with the National MS Society
- The Black MS Experience Summit, the Hispanic/Latinx MS Experience Summit and the New to MS program helped advance health equity.
Each step you take and dollar you raise makes a difference in the lives of those affected by MS. From volunteers who hand out ice-cold popsicles to the most inspiring Final Mile you’ll ever walk, we're all in this together to accomplish something greater than us.
Every one of us has the power to make a difference. Cross the finish line and challenge what’s possible, one step at a time.
"Walked 5 miles with Mom today as part of #VirtualChallengeWalkMS! Not only do I get to spend time with my Mom, but we also raised money to support the National MS Society!"
- @cucooperdog on Instagram
"I walk with my Challenge Walk MS family, to find a cure for those impacted now and so others will not be impacted in the future. Keep walking!"
"I walk for too many people to list, and I’d like that list to eventually go away. I walk for these goofballs who only know my mom through stories. MS is BS and until there’s a cure, bring on the blisters and sore muscles!"