Wondering about what to pack, what you’ll eat or if your furry friend can join you for Hike MS? You’ve come to the right place! Here are the ins and outs of what you need to know to get ready for the hike of a lifetime.
Participants must raise a minimum of $100 ($50 for hikers ages 5-12). All participants meeting the required fundraising minimum receive a free Hike MS t-shirt.
Age Minimum to register: 5 years old. Hikers under the age of 5 are welcome to participate with a parent or guardian but do not need to be officially registered.
- Routes, Maps & Event Photos
Fundraising WeeksTeam Registration Week is 5/15-5/21
- #1 Fundraising Team will enjoy a custom charcuterie platter at their team table
- Top 3 Teams who recruit the most teammates will receive custom Hike MS gift baskets
Congratulations and thank you to our Fundraising Week Winners!
- #1 Fundraising Team: Jodi's Golden Girls
- Top 3 Recruiting Teams: Purple Steep Hill Eaters, Up & Up, and Team in Motion!
Our monthly fundraising and recruitment challenge is now in June!
- Fundraise $200 and/or recruit one NEW Hike MS participant to win our exclusive Hike MS hat!
Individual Challenge week is 7/10-7/16
- Top 3 individuals who fundraise the most will win a vacation rental voucher from Summit Cove Vacation Lodging
- The individual who recruits the most will win an exclusive outdoor hiking kit
Congratulations and thank you to our Challenge Week Winners!
- Top 3 Fundraisers: Michael Pierce, Donna Chereck, and Beth Leleck
- Top Recruiter: Brittany Husong
Lodging & Food
We have secured a block of rooms at Keystone Resort for Hike MS. There are two ways to book your stay on the mountain using the group code SKRMSS23
Reservations phone line: (855) 332-1601
In order to make your reservation easier, Summit Groups offers these tips for using the online system:
- 10% Off Lodging in Keystone for HIKE MS with SummitCove Vacation Lodging
- Use code 'HIKEMS23' when booking. Offer applies to new reservations only of 2+ nights, arriving 7/24 - 7/29, 2023.
- If you do not see a lodging option to your liking on the link please try calling the reservations line. Guests are not limited to book what is on the link.
- If you receive an error message with changing dates on a reservation, please click the 'modify' button to make corrections.
- Reservations are manually added to the system and it can take up to 48 hours to confirm a booking. If the room requested is not available Summit Groups will reach out and offer an alternative.
Food at the Event
Each route includes fully-stocked rest stops with some of the best snacks and volunteers around.
Lunch will be served at the finish line near Summit House and will be single serve, grab and go.
To ensure safety on the hike we will have pre-packaged snacks at rest stops, hand sanitizer will be available throughout the event, and signage will promote social distancing. Please refer to the About Hike MS & COVID-19 page for more safety information.
What to Wear & Pack
A hike in Colorado's mountains requires more preparation than a walk around the neighborhood. Rough terrain and the potential for extreme weather mean that you need to plan in advance and exercise appropriate caution on your hike. Afternoon rain showers with thunder, lightning and dropping temperatures are normal in the mountains. Be prepared and pack light and smart:
- Light backpack
- Water bottle and snacks
- Sunscreen, sunglasses and hat
- Lightweight hiking/trail shoes and wicking socks
- Wind/rain jacket
- ID in case of emergency
Relax, hydrate, use the restroom, re-apply sunscreen and enjoy the company of our volunteers.
Leave No Trace
The National MS Society encourages participants to observe the guidelines of Leave No Trace in order to protect and preserve our natural spaces for future generations:
- Plan ahead and prepare
- Travel on durable surfaces
- Dispose of waste properly
- Leave what you find
- Respect wildlife
- Be considerate of other visitors
- Learn more about Leave No Trace from the Colorado Tourism Office.
On the Trail & Event Schedule
Well-behaved, leashed dogs are welcome. Owners are expected to pick up after their pets.
Scenery & Wildlife
Summertime at Keystone Resort means you'll see wildflowers and pass by babbling brooks; you may catch a glimpse of marmots, deer, birds or other wildlife. View photos of past Hike MS events on our Flickr page.
Severe Weather Policy
Hike MS is a rain-or-shine event. In the event of lightning or other dangerous conditions, we will delay the event until conditions improve. Please watch for weather-related updates via email and the event website.
Friday, July 28 2:00pm – 8:00pm Registration and Reception – Steep Brewing and Coffee 23110 US-6 #116 Keystone, CO 80435 *All participants are welcome to stay for our reception! Peak Feet Club will receive
a complimentary drink ticket
Saturday, July 29 7:00am-9:30am Continental Breakfast – Gondola Plaza 7:00am-9:30am Registration & Packet Pick-Up – Gondola Plaza 8:00am Program Starts 8:15am-8:30am 6 and 9-mile hikers depart over Pedestrian Bridge 8:15am-8:30 am Gondola Midpoint option depart over Pedestrian bridge 8:45am-9:00am 2-mile accessible hikers depart on Keystone Trail 9:00am-9:30am 3-mile hikers depart (Gondola opens at 9am) 10:00am-2:00pm Lunch served – Summit House 1:30pm All Courses Closed