Safety and COVID-19
Thank you for your generous support – we are excited to celebrate with you safely. We’ve planned every detail of this event with the health and safety of our attendees, volunteers, and staff as our highest priority. Safety protocols are in place that follow current guidance from the CDC, as well as state, city and other local agencies. Please note that plans may be altered as the event day approaches to ensure your safety. We will provide additional information as it becomes available. See below for more of what to expect at the event:
COVID-19 and What to Expect
As we navigate the continued effects of COVID-19, the health and safety of people with MS and everyone in the MS movement is our top priority. That’s why we have protocols in place based on the latest guidance from public health authorities. These practices will be reviewed leading up to the event and may be adjusted as needed to ensure your safety. Any changes will be broadly communicated to guests, volunteers, staff, sponsors, and vendors. Here’s what you need to know about COVID-19 safety when attending a National MS Society event or gathering:
- Stay home if you’re experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19.
- Masks are optional. If you need a mask, we’ve got you covered—just ask a National MS Society staff member.
- While vaccinations are not required to attend most National MS Society events, we strongly encourage everyone get vaccinated. This is important not only to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 across all our communities, but for the safety of those who are immunocompromised—including many people with MS—who may receive less protection from COVID-19 vaccines. The National MS Society also has a mandatory vaccination policy for all Society employees.
- Society events are planned to allow for physical distance between staff, volunteers, and participants whenever possible.
- In order to reduce lines at registration and expedite your check-out experience, please make sure to register prior to arriving.
- We follow CDC guidelines for routine cleaning and sanitizing of restrooms, shared spaces, and high-touch surfaces, as well as ensure adequate handwashing supplies and/or hand sanitizer.
- There may be additional safety protocol for some events due to special circumstances, venue requirements or local mandates. Stay tuned to all communication about your event so you can be prepared.
The 2019 novel coronavirus ("COVID-19") is extremely contagious and easily spread through air, person-to-person contact, and contact with contaminated objects. People can be infected and show no symptoms yet still spread the disease, which can cause serious and potentially life-threatening illness and even death. The National Multiple Sclerosis Society ("Society") is taking appropriate and reasonable steps to hold its events in a safe and healthy manner in consideration of its attendees. However, by registering for this event you acknowledge and understand that the Society does not make any guarantees that you will not become exposed to COVID-19 while attending the event. Due to the contagious nature of COVID-19, you voluntarily assume all risk that you may become exposed to, or infected by, COVID-19 at the event and you release the Society from all liability associated therewith.
By registering for this event, you agree that you will not attend if you have experienced any illness or COVID-19 related symptoms within any of the ten (10) days immediately prior to the event. Such symptoms include, but are not limited to, cough, fever, higher than normal temperature, abnormal fatigue, abnormal body aches/pain, shortness of breath, nausea and/or loss of taste or smell. You also agree not to attend the event if you have tested positive for COVID-19, or if you have been in contact with any person that has tested positive for COVID-19 or shown COVID-19 related symptoms, within any of the ten (10) days immediately prior to the event. If you display symptoms commonly related to COVID-19 while at the event, you agree that the Society may, in its sole discretion, instruct you to immediately leave the event premises, with which you will promptly comply.
Further, by registering for this event you knowingly and voluntarily agree to follow all required and relevant federal, state, local, and Society guidelines and recommendations to maintain the health and safety of all event attendees. Such guidelines and recommendations will be communicated to you in advance of the event.